The company "plans to receive the basic license for the second unit construction"

ISTANBUL, April 7. /TASS/. Akkuyu Nuclear, the company implementing the project on construction of the first nuclear power plant in Turkey, filed documents to the Turkish Atomic Energy Authority (TAEK) for a license to build the third unit of NPP.  
"The application has already been filed. Akkuyu Nuclear prepared and submitted the package of documents for the license to build the Unit 3 of the Akkuyu NPP," the company’s press service responded to the question from TASS. "The task for this year is also to complete the site relief forming," the company said. 

"About 70% of the territory have been prepared to date. The remaining 30% will be formed by the year-end," Akkuyu Nuclear added. The company "plans to receive the basic license for the second unit construction and start concreting its foundation slab in," the press service said. 

"Activities will be performed with consideration of experience obtained during the similar stage for the first unit," it added. 

Rosatom said in December 2018 that the Turkish Atomic Energy Authority (TAEK) has provided Akkuyu NPP, which implements the first nuclear power plant project in Turkey, with a limited permit for construction of Unit 2 of Akkuyu NPP. 

The permit allowed proceeding with the construction and installation works at facilities of the Unit except for that, which are important for nuclear island safety, Rosatom said, adding that excavation of the foundation pit, engineering surveys and other activities will commence under it.  

The Akkuyu NPP is the project for construction of the first NPP in Turkey, which is implemented on the basis of the intergovernmental agreement signed between the Russian Federation and the Republic of Turkey in May 2010. VVER-1200 power units of Akkuyu NPP are based on Generation 3+ technologies that are the most modern technologies with enhanced safety systems meeting all existing requirements. When the construction of the Akkuyu NPP with an installed capacity of 4,800 MW is completed, it will generate about 35 bln kWh electricity per year. 

Source: TASS Russian News Agency